- Women’s Health: Maca root gently stimulates our hormone systems, helping to bring them into balance and full functioning reducing the symptoms of menopause. Also beneficial in alleviating pains and cramps associated with menstruation.
- Vitamins: Maca powder is rich in vitamins B, C, and E as well as calcium, amino acids, phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, and iron which are all good for cell regeneration.
- Easy to incorporate: The power can be easily incorporated into recipes and used in smoothies without altering the taste. It can also be taken as a supplement.
- Sexual enhancement: Because it balances hormones it also improves libido and endurance.
- Energy boost: Many peak performance athletes use it regularly due to its energy boosting qualities.
- Skin: Maca has been shown to reduce breakouts, clear blemishes and improve skin sensitivity.
- Improve circulation: Improved circulation equates to lower risk of heart disease and better brain function.
- Men’s Health: Not only is it great for balancing out women, it can also help men in balancing mood swings or bursts of stress and/or anxiety.
If you are looking for Maca, Amazon.com has a variety of brands; I always read the reviews to see how other consumers rate the different brands prior to purchasing. This page is a great place to start.