- Soak almonds overnight in a bowl – not pictured
- Put 2 cups almonds and 8 cups water in a blender – image 1
- Add vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon – image 2 (I don’t measure exactly – approx. 2tbsp vanilla, but you can get an idea of how much I used – see top of water). You can always add more later so don’t go crazy.
- Blend everything together for 1 min.
- Place cheese cloth over a bowl and poor in the blended mixture – image 3 (I find it helpful to tape down the cheese cloth to my bowl so I can strain a lot without worrying about the cheese cloth falling into the bowl.
- Strain the cheese cloth. It will take a while for all the milk to come out and you have to squeeze the bag – image 4
- Bottle and enjoy. This makes 4 jars that last 4-5 days in the fridge. I soak more almonds than what I need and place them in a separate bowl and keep in the fridge to snack on. They are softer after soaking and really good to eat plain or add to granola or cereal.
This is not super sweet – which is my preference. I typically use my almond milk for smoothies or to poor over granola which both are already sweet enough so this recipe works well. If you include it as part of your weekly prep, you have enough for the entire week.
I’m always looking for ways to eat cleaner and healthier, especially in my profession. A toxic body can make energy work and mediumship more challenging. As soon as I tried this recipe, I knew it was a keeper. Clean, super simple, and easy to add to my Sunday meal prep.